Yum, yum, yum!
Spinach and feta is no secret an award-winning combination, and this just adds to credibility. Some would make this dish as a starter, but I loved it so much that it was my whole meal, and you’d have to try pretty hard for your main to top this TREAT!
- 3tbs of coconut oil or any other friendly fat (avocado oil, ghee, butter)
- 1/4 White Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 3 handfuls of Spinach chopped
- Basil Pesto
- Feta cheese (or Cheddar for a cheese pull)
- 1 tortilla
- toppings: Medium Fat Cream Cheese, Guacamole (or Sour Cream, Chives, Parsley, Salsa)
- Warm the oil in a pan and add the spinach, garlic and onions and season it with salt. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat until the spinach has wilted.
- Spread the outer side of the tortilla with butter, flip it around and then spread the inside with pesto. Add the feta cheese, as much to suit your liking, on a half moon on top of the pesto.
- Follow by spreading the spinach mixture over the half moon of feta side, add more feta on top of the mixture, plus cheddar if you like.
- Flip the tortilla closed and place it on a sprayed baking tray.
- Set the oven to broil on a medium heat, and broil the quesadilla for about 4 – 6 minutes (it should be crispy and slightly brown), but check it after 3 minutes as your broiler might differ.
- Cut it in half, and serve it with your toppings.