This was my creation of the first day of my 7 days of being a Vegetarian week. I was very happy with the outcome and will continue to add to this recipe, this one isn’t rocket science at all. It’s one of those where you can switch and change it every time just as you like.
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry
- A cup and a half of chopped Broccoli
- Half a Yellow Pepper diced (you could substitute with green pepper)
- Half a cup of chopper Mushrooms
- 3/4 of a cup of no fat Cottage Cheese
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and fresh herbs to taste to taste
(And add bacon if not restricted to a Vegetarian dish)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Open out the Puff Pastry on to a flat surface and roll it out to thin it more.
- Thoroughly combine the chopped broccoli, diced pepper, cottage cheese in a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Lay the mixture down the length of the pastry in the middle, cover with cheddar cheese and add your choice of herbs, to own liking. I used dill.
- Cut diagonal strips down each side of the pastry from next to the mixture, and braid the dough.
- Beat an egg along with a splash of milk and paint it over the Pastry for a golden brown finish.
- Bake it in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes, or until golden brown.